Skip to Main Content
null

WAPTAC Latest News


Category Listing
Archived Categories

Sort By: Title   |   News Date


Resources: A Strategy for Action to Advance Healthy Housing

Tuesday, February 05, 2013

On Monday, February 4th, the federal Healthy Homes Work Group (HHWG) launched the new Advancing Healthy Housing: A Strategy for Action.

Read More



Real Hero: Repairman saves woman's life by recognizing carbon monoxide poisoning

Tuesday, December 18, 2012

A furnace specialist doing a routine installation for the Cayuga/Seneca Community Action Agency became a lifesaver last winter, when he recognized the symptoms of carbon monoxide poisoning.

Read More



Family, Friends Mourn Loss Of Woman To CO Poisoning

Monday, February 13, 2012

DENVER (CBS4) – A Denver woman has died from carbon monoxide poisoning while she was trying to heat her home with a gas generator.

Read More



Williamsport Woman Says Weatherization Saved Her Family

Thursday, October 27, 2011

Sometimes home weatherization services are about more than keeping the cold air out and the warm air in. Sometimes it’s about saving a life.

Read More



Weatherization program helps elderly battle winter's chill

Thursday, February 25, 2010

Muskegon Chronicle - Lavonne Smith, 75, had her home in Muskegon Township weatherized through Muskegon-Oceana Community Action Partnership, Inc. (MOCAP). She said her January bill was $150 cheaper than a year ago.Winter can be hard on anyone, but senior citizens are especially at risk.

Read More



Community Contacts helps low income residents save energy, income



Carbon monoxide was silently seeping from Samantha Behenna's furnace and polluting her St. Charles home.

Read More






null